60 Seconds With...Chloe Todd Fordham
Chloe's latest play 'Sound of Silence' won the Judges Award at the 2015 Bruntwood Prize. Chloe's first play 'Land's End' was selected for inclusion in the Arcola Theatre's inaugural PlayWrought Festival. She is currently one of five writers on Theatre503's writers residency 503Five. Chloe has also taken part in the Young Writers Programme at the Royal Court Theatre and has an MA in Writing for Performance from Goldsmiths University. Chloe is currently writing PLAY 9.
1. Where did you grow up?
2. Which play do you wish you'd written?
'Far Away' by Caryl Churchill - it blows my mind every time I read it.
3. Which theatre would you most like to work at?
Recent travels have taken me to the gorgeous Royal Exchange in Manchester. Their main theatre space, which is in the round, is magical. I'd like to write for that space one day.
4. Who is your biggest inspiration?
5. What did you want to be when you were little?
6. What is the best piece of advice you've been given?
Truth, openness, strength and courage - the rest will look after itself.
7. What has been your proudest career moment to date?
Having an audience member come up to me after seeing a short play I'd written and saying 'You really made me think...we really need to sort the World out.'