60 Seconds With...Kirsty Patrick Ward
As a Director, Kirsty's theatre work includes 'Chef' (Soho Theatre 2015/Fringe First Winner, Edinburgh Festival 2014); 'Evita' (MT4Youth/Belfast); 'Comets’ (Latitude/Festival no 6); ‘People Like Us’ (Pleasance); ‘Snow White’ (Old Vic/ Educational Tour); ‘Chavs’ (Lyric); ‘Present Tense’ (Live Theatre); ‘Brave New Worlds’ (Soho); ‘Life Support’ (York Theatre Royal); ‘Old Vic New Voices 24 Hour Plays 2011’ (Old Vic)
1. Where did you grow up?
2. How did you get into directing?
Internship at the Bush Theatre, assisting with nabokov, then calling myself a director and doing a show!
3. Which theatre would you most like to work at?
The Royal Court
4. Which Director do you most admire?
Katie Mitchell - for her refusal to compromise
5. Which play would you most like to direct?
Too hard! But at a push - Othello
6. What is your proudest career moment to date?
Chef by Sabrina Mahfouz winning a Fringe First in Edinburgh 2014. No budget, self produced by the writer, but a shed load of passion, talent and commitment from everyone involved - it’s the little show that could!
7. Could you describe PLAY in three words?
Biscuits! (I’ve eaten more biscuits this week then I did in 2015...)