60 Seconds with...Lewis MacKinnon
Lewis trained at The Oxford School of Drama and with The National Youth Theatre. Theatre includes Your Last Breath (Southwark Playhouse), Live Lunch : Kid A Kidder (Royal Court) and Black Sheep (Soho Theatre). Television includes Doctors. Film includes Chosen. Lewis is really excited to be performing at VAULT Festival and to be working with PLAYtheatre again after PLAY4.
1. Where did you grow up?
Inverness in the Highlands of Scotland.
2. How did you get into acting? When I was wee I used to reenact the death of Snow White when she eats the poison apple. But I properly got into acting at secondary school - we had an amazing drama department (big shout out to Miss Chiz!)
3. What is your dream role?
Macbeth. Please. Thank you.
4. What is your proudest career moment to date?
The Human Turtle. Obviously.
5. If PLAY 12 were a colour, what colour would it be?
All of the colours.
6. Best thing you saw at the theatre in 2015?
Denise Gough in PEOPLE, PLACES AND THINGS at the NT blew my mind and I really loved CASA VALENTINA at The Southwark Playhouse.
7. Favourite PLAY moment so far?
Way too difficult to choose... It's such a great experience! I LOVE PLAY.