60 Seconds With...Oliver Dawe
Oliver trained as a director at Drama Centre London, his theatre work includes: Ricochet; (Southwark Playhouse). Frau Monde; (Hackney Showroom). Pink Confetti; (London/Bucharest). The Dog, The Night and The Knife; (Arcola Theatre). We Really Should Do Something; (Bush Theatre Attic). Oliver is the artistic director of Rive Productions and an associate director of Etch Theatre. Oliver is directing PLAY 11.
1. Where did you grow up?
Guildford, Surrey – Divorce capital of Europe.
2. How did you get into Directing?
Worked at a theatre in Guildford. Trained for three years at Drama Centre London. Asked Di Trevis to teach me everything she knows.
3. What is the biggest lesson that you’ve learnt in your career so far?
It must come from you.
4. Shakespeare or Sarah Kane?
5. If PLAY 11 were a colour, what colour would it be?
A slutty red.
6. Favourite PLAY moment so far?
All of us sitting in the rehearsal room with hot water bottles, wrapped up in rugs, laughing.
7. What is your karaoke song?
Don't Rain On My Parade - Barbra Streisand