60 Seconds With...Toby Vaughan
Toby trained at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama. Theatre credits include: 'The Santa Trap' (Mayflower Productions), 'Spring Awakening' (Gate Theatre), 'Here Be Monsters' (Belfield & Slater), ‘Burn' (Elan Frantoio), 'You Cant Take It With You’, ’The Erpingham Camp’, ‘Love & Information’, ‘Epsom Downs’ and ‘When We Are Married’ (Richard Burton Company) and ‘Century’ (NYTW). Toby will be starring in PLAY 9.
1. Where did you grow up?
Brecon in Wales. Middle of the mountains, like lord of the rings but with less orcs.
2. Which director would you most like to work with?
For theatre - Rupert Goold. For film it would be Quentin Tarantino - if nothing else to try and understand him.
3. What do you wish you'd been told when you were starting out?
This is your life, find the best in every bit of it.
4. What is your top audition tip?
Do your preparation, but once it's over, it's over, just for forget about it. There is no point dwelling on what is beyond your control. And if you get the call, great.
5. What was the best thing you saw in the theatre in 2015?
Cymbeline at the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse - it's still on, go see it!
6. Favourite PLAY moment so far?
...I'm sorry but I can't describe the whole process in just 60 seconds.
7. What is your karaoke song?
My Way - Frank Sinatra.